Re: Color choices for lbc's

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Color choices for lbc's
From: John Wroclawski <jtw@lcs.mit.edu>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 1994 15:17:40 -0500
   From: "POCHE@music.loyno.edu" <POCHE@music.loyno.edu>

   My TR-3 is Corvette Yellow and I love it! I could care less if
   they never painted them this color when they were new, they just
   didn't have the imagination to see how good it would look!

Hm. I'm about to finish a TR3A in (an original) light yellow, with a
red interior.  This combination was offered by the factory for a
while, but dropped presumably to low customer demand. Sadly, the car
I'm building was constructed after the factory dropped this
combination, so it's not quite authentic. Interestingly, one of Bill
Piggot's books expresses the notion that this color scheme looked
awful. I expect I'm going to love it anyway.

If anyone knows where I might dredge up a color picture of an original
car with this scheme, -please- let me know.

                -john

John Wroclawski
jtw@lcs.mit.edu