Re: Next obsession...

To: tjhiggin@ingr.com, gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu,
Subject: Re: Next obsession...
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 94 08:44:31 -0700
In message <199406141852.AA03705@alpine.b17a.ingr.com>  writes:
> W. Ray Gibbons writes:
> > I am tempted by a GT.  I do in fact like its looks better than the looks
> > of the roadster.  I wonder what a GT would carry if I put racks on the
> > top?  I don't see why it would hurt it if I was sensible about it.  And as
> > I've mentioned before, I've seen a lovely light grey one with red interior
> > that I'd like to duplicate.
>
> SOL-er Martin Frankford (recently laid off & lost net access :^( )
> pulls a small utility trailer (6'x4' maybe?) with a BGT.  Between the
> trailer and the cargo space in the car, he can carry quite a load of
> Riley parts!
> --
> T.J. Higgins     | tjhiggin@ingr.com         | (205) 730-7922
> Intergraph Corp. | Mapping Sciences Division | Huntsville, AL, USA

I have found that I can carry a 130 pound bale of hay, a couple of 75 pound feed
sacks and a room mate in my BGT.  With the back seat folded down and the hatch
open you can carry some good sized stuff.  I've carried baggage for a week,
large and medium format camera systems, misc supplies and still had pleanty of
room to look out the rear view mirror.

TeriAnn Wakeman        Large format photographers look at the world
twakeman@apple.com     upside down and backwards
LINK: TWAKEMAN
408-974-2344                         TR3A - TS75519L,
                       MGBGT - GHD4U149572G, Land Rover 109 - 164000561