Naming Cars

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Naming Cars
From: Richard Smith <Richard@mole.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 1994 23:56:36 -0600
I've just realized the content of this thread (slow, I know, comes of
spending too much time inverted under an LBC!)

I've had:

'The Tart' - a very tatty-looking Triumph 2.5PI sedan, named so because it
looked much better in the dark. Now passed on to another nut, sorry,
enthusiast, who plans to restore the car!

'Queen Mary' - a 2500PI Estate (er..., station wagon) named thus by my
partner the first time she rode in the car - it had very sick rear shocks.
Sadly died this winter (the car, not the partner!)

'Hunny Monster' - my partners bright yellow Triumph 2500S sedan. In store
awaiting the fitting of a replacement bodyshell.

My parents once owned a 1936-ish Wolseley Hornet named 'Sabrina' due to its
registration number - BRA 88. We cut this car up and buried it in 1967 when
we moved house - no-one wanted it, then!

Richard Smith (richard@mole.demon.co.uk)

Antique & classic Auto restorer, Agricultural engineer, shepherd,
electrician, electronics design engineer (in order of income!)