Re: Top Speed

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Top Speed
From: B Strachan <bstrachan@home.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 18:33:44 -0700
This reminds me of the Fabulous '55 Ford.  Some no-account had this '55
Tudor coupe back in '56 or thereabouts, in the hick town where I grew
up.  He swore it was completely stock, but it would do 70 in low, 115 in
second and nobody knew how fast in third as the speedo pegged at 120
long before the car quit accelerating.  This was going uphill, BTW.

As an engineer, I am skeptical about this sort of story, but I rode in
the car and I rode in other cars that tried to keep up with it, and I
can tell you, it was that fast.  Maybe once in awhile you do just find a
car like that.

Barrie
'66 2000, top speed unknown
'67 XK-E, top speed 147 MPH