Re: Top Speed

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Top Speed
From: Dat2000srl@aol.com
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 23:12:50 EDT
I have read that the Solex roadster will do 134mph, and something in the 14
second 1/4 mile. I have often wondered what people are getting out of their
roadsters, and what they did to modify them. I was turned onto the roadster
by my sisterd husband of the time. In 1982 she bought a 1972 240Z the her
fiancee' convinced her to buy. As it turned out it was his toy. After weber
carb, and some headers, he had that car roling at 155mph. That was the
fastest I have ever been in any car. And at 155, a 240Z is not real stable.
    All that aside, I eventually got my roadster. After over 10 years of
brousing, I found a 69 2000 in running condition, clean straight and as far
as I can tell complete. I knew I was getting it after one look. But what blew
me away was the awsome power. I was not prepared for the surge of power that
kicked in at 4000 rpm. SOLD!!!! Say no more, no other car packs the punch,
and is as much a joy to own, and, at such a reasonable cost. MGB'S,
TR(anything), Austin whoevers, Porches, Beamers, way over priced and no
ummmmmmmmphhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, like the 2000. The only other foreign car I
would have is the 190SL, cause it looks cool... OK, I like them there
I-talian ferrarriarr whatevers too the Dino, but the Datsun is way more cool.
No one expects you to blow there doors off in it. And then after that they
think you're a V8 or supercharger.
    I know I am getting wordy, but one thing stikes me as strange. With such
a fine racing history, and well built (better than most english cars) these
Datsuns remain undervalued. Good in a way, but the money and effort to keep
them going is not equal to resale. Perhaps it is that you do not have parts
available to restore them and that make it an unattractive investment.
thats all for now
Larry Coughlin
Baltimore
69 2000- black-original black-all original.