RE: Re[2]: Engine Hoist

To: "Patrick P. Castronovo" <slick1@mohaveaz.com>
Subject: RE: Re[2]: Engine Hoist
From: "Brian Hollands" <bholland@hayes.ds.adp.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 11:59:30 -0500
I'm not a Machinist, but I cannot imagine how you would balance a Pressure
Plate without it being bolted to the Flywheel.
Pat

First you balance the flywheel, then you bolt the pressure plate to it and
rebalance the assembly cutting material only off of the PP so as not to
unbalance the flywheel.
One other important note is to NOT rebalance the flywheel if it was balanced
during a previous engine rebuild as part of the entire rotating assembly.
In that case make sure the flywheel has some sort of index mark so that it
goes back on the crank the same way it came off and only balance the PP on
the flywheel - Racers/machinists correct me if I'm wrong
Brian

-