Re: Engine Hoist

To: "Roadster list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Engine Hoist
From: "Annette" <squishfish@home.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 08:47:41 -0800
Unfortunately I do NOT trust the beams overhead in my garage to hold much
weight.  We live in an apartment complex and I am not overly impressed with
the construction quality thus far.

I don't know that renting a hoist is really an option for me, or at least
not a viable one.  My other car is a Miata, not really good for towing
anything back from the rental shop, which means that everytime I needed to
pick up or return the equipment I would have the added cost of a rental
truck or delivery.

I think I will purchase a hoist, there is a Harbor Freight near me.  I can
use it for the year or so I expect to need it and then if I decide not to
start another project (I'm planning to move to Spain in two years so might
not have enough time for another project) I can always sell it.

So just to be clear, in addition to the hoist I also need an engine stand
and an engine level, is that correct?

thanks!
Annette