Re: Engine Hoist

To: gboone@sisna.com, SPL311RDST@aol.com
Subject: Re: Engine Hoist
From: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 20:50:04 -0500
Gary,

Sam's has changed vendors.  I got one there a year and a half ago and I LOVE
it!  It has folding legs that were not bent in a pipe bender like the
current model.  The one from Harbor Freight is a good one - much more
compact but not as strong (still PLENTY strong for any Roadster work.)

As an aside, when I sold a Roadster and a Roadster body a while back (long
story) I used the HF hoist and a Hoyer Lift to pull the body off of the
frame.  A Hoyer Lift is the lift that is used by invalids to get in and out
of bed.  It is a mini engine hoist!  I got it free, so hey, I had to use
it!!  I have pulled an engine with it as well.

Sid