Re: Remove second gas tank on '70?

To: Ronnie Day <ronday@home.com>
Subject: Re: Remove second gas tank on '70?
From: Gary McCormick <svgkm@halley.ca.essd.northgrum.com>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2001 09:33:54 -0700
A pressurized gas tank can be a very bad thing. My old BMW 3.0Si burned to the
ground (a
year after I sold it, thank goodness) because the fuel tank was pressurizing.
The NO (next
owner) noticed a trail of liquid behind the car, stopped, got out and removed
the gas cap
(where the drip was coming from) and fuel gushed out, ran forward under the car
and
ignited when the vapors contacted the hot exhaust manifold. Bad thing to happen
to any
car, but I'd /really/ hate to see it happen to a Roadster.

Gary McCormick
'70 2000 Hangar Queen
San Jose, Ca