Re: Remove second gas tank on '70?

To: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Remove second gas tank on '70?
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 09:07:58 -0500
I think you may be confusing the expansion tank used in '70's for a second
fuel tank.  This tank is part of th evapor recovery system and is used to
keep gasoline vapors from the atmosphere.  As I recall the tank is plumbed
into the gas tank, the filler neck and a third hose that runs up to the
engine.  I have not removed this kind of system, so I can't say whether it
would affect things or not.

Peace,
Pat

--

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor, Future planner