Re: 67 2000s for sale

To: "C. Halsted" <chalsted@nycap.rr.com>
Subject: Re: 67 2000s for sale
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 21:11:12 -0400
I guess I am being misunderstood. I have seen US cars with Solex tags on
them. Whether the Vin tag said 135HP I don't remember but I know I saw 2
cars in the late 70s/early 80s with Solex tags on them. One was owned by Al
Scheffling who restored my body back in 79 and he pointed out the Solex tag
which he was very proud of. The car was # 6 or so and silver and rust in
color. He bought it from one of his partners in the Roadster parts
business - The Roadster Store in NJ. I believe they went out of business in
85 or so.

The other I saw at a Datsun dealer in the 80s and it was all original and he
sold it to the guy who later traded it for a 280Z. It may have been that the
tags were put on by dealers but they were on the cars. Remember all those
tags were hand stamped and I think repros are still available.

The original part no. for the Solex plate is: 96901-25604.

Mike