Re: Rallye prices

To: "Gerardo Magana" <gmagana@softcom.net>,
Subject: Re: Rallye prices
From: "Edgar Gonzalez" <spl212@home.com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 09:37:43 -0700
Hi list,

I would like to add my two cents worth...

I think Gerardo pretty much explained the situation without realizing it.
Some of us are hobbyists and for some it has become a business.  Keeping a
business solvent requires constant cash flow.  I consider myself a hobbyist
and don't rely on having to sell "X" amount of parts a month to make ends
meet.  It's the this insane obssession of mine with the early Datsuns and
most recently the Roadsters.  There are so many things (parts and entire
cars) that I want to buy, but can't afford, therefore I don't get them.    I
agree that the prices between "hobbyists" are much lower because we love to
help each other keep up these beautiful cars.  I've exchanged parts and have
even given parts away to other hobbyists.  At the same time, I appreciate
the fact that there are some people/businesses out there that save me the
time to go hunting for these parts.  I've done the junk yard searches one
too many times to come up empty handed.    Some of these businesses have
invested in molds and the such to keep parts available.  I've received lots
of help from many individuals who are "hobbyists" and business people alike.

The questions I always ask myself are:  Do I really need it or just want it?
and:  Am I willing to pay the price?

Edgar
http://www.spl212.com
60 212's