Re: prices (was Rallye prices)

To: "Laury, Victor" <LauryV@MTA.NET>
Subject: Re: prices (was Rallye prices)
From: "Edgar Gonzalez" <spl212@home.com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 16:00:33 -0700
I totally agree with Victor.  I've consulted (and bought) parts from Dann.
I am sure glad he went through all the hassle of collecting numerous items
(for a decade?) that eventually have gone into my 212.  I will be forever
grateful that he decided to part with these "precious parts" (no pun
intended) about twelve or so years ago.  I can tell you that he sold me his
entire inventory plus cars at a very DISCOUNTED rate.  I won't mention the
figure because I am ashamed.  I can assure you it was a STEAL.  The only
reason I come up is that Dann wanted to have a part in keeping my 212 around
for everyone to enjoy.  I don't believe profit was on his mind when I got
his inventory.

Les and Dennis have given me advice (guilty, have not bought parts from them
yet) and we continue to talk about things that we mutually need.  I know
I'll be knocking on our  vendors' doors when the time comes to put my 69
1600 back together.

I am new to the Roadsters but appreciate the help I've received from so many
people that it's hard to remember all the names.  I know most of the vendors
have received my emails asking for parts/information over the years.  They
have positively responded each and every time.

Just the information on what goes where and how to put it there in the most
efficient  (easy) way is worth the extra bucks you may pay for that part.

Edgar
http://www.spl212.com
SoCalROC
60 212's