Re: he's got the jack!

To: "Tom @ Datsun2000" <tom@datsun2000.com>,
Subject: Re: he's got the jack!
From: "Richard Brown" <reblues@reblues.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 22:07:45 -0400
A couple of comments on jacks.

The first roadster I bought in '71 had 2 metal wheel chocks shaped somewhat
like this.  _/^\_  Painted same yellow as the jack.  I don't know if they
were stock or added by the PO.  I have never had a problem when I used them.

On floor jacks:  I had been  able to slide my 3 ton jack under the frame
rails.  A few weeks ago I installed a set of Koni shocks.  When I lifted the
car, removed the jack stands, and lowered the car, I was unable to remove
the jack.  The Konis lowered the car by about an inch.  Now I have to jack
from the front plate or rear end.  So if you get a floor jack be aware of
its lowest height.

Richard.