RE: he's got the jack!

To: "Nathan Ruffcorn" <Nathan.Ruffcorn@netcare-il.com>,
Subject: RE: he's got the jack!
From: "Tom @ Datsun2000" <tom@datsun2000.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 17:57:21 -0700
Scissors jacks are risky, but how many of you have seen what the stock jack
that comes with the roadsters can do?

Many of you have heard or know not to use them, but if you do make VERY sure
you block the wheels on the opposite side of the car.  If you don't the car
can (will) roll one direction or the other causing the jack to roll into the
door, and if you are under the car at the wrong time you might be in trouble
too.

Stock jacks are nice for full restorations, but I would not recommend using
one without proper preparation.  Many years ago ('68 I think) I rolled a
jack into the door, and with a HUGE effort managed to prevent a recurrence
when I forgot the first experience after purchasing my second roadster a few
years later.  After that I always carried a couple of 5" lengths of 2x4 to
jam under a wheel if I had to jack the car again.  Today there are really
nice plastic wheel jams you could carry if you only plan to use the original
jack.

Tom
69 2000 - Mr. Hyde
Portland