Re: [Roadsters] How long have you been on the mailing list ?

To: "'Victor Laury'" <vlaury@roadrunner.com>, <pat@hornesystemstx.com>,
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 21:42:18 -0700
Dave Coleman, now there's an interesting story (younger list members going
"Oh, Gawd, another old fart story!" Yeah, just live with it.).

Dave started off as a NWDE member when he was still in high school in
Seattle. He was co-editor of the NWDELetter. Dropped an L-16 in his roadster
and got it running the day before he headed off to Harvey Mudd College in
Claremont, CA to major in mechanical engineering.

While he was there, he found out about a nationwide contest by Nissan to
take a bunch of engineering students on a tour of their facilities in Japan.
All you had to do was write an essay saying why you should be chosen. Well,
he got one of the slots and spent a couple of weeks there. Met the designers
of the 510 and the Sentra SE-R.

After graduation, he got a job doing product development work for RS
Akimoto. This put him in frequent contact with the people at Sport Compact
Car magazine. After Akimoto tanked, he went to work at SCC as their
Engineering Editor, where he played with all kinds of fun cars, including
some that got famous, like the "Disco Potato" Sentra and the "Blackbird" S13
240SX. Trivia point - I've ridden in the Disco Potato and Joanne has ridden
in the Blackbird. Joanne is his Dat-mom and he is her Dat-son.

A couple of years ago he left SCC and went to work for Mazda R&D, although
he continued to write the "Ask Dave" column in SCC. He was at Canby three
years ago and took me for a ride in his R32 Skyline (what a rough life!).
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org/Canby_2006/Datson_and_Datmom.jpg
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org/Canby_2006/Dave_in_R32_1.jpg
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org/Canby_2006/License_plate_frame.jpg

Damn nice guy, a great writer and genuine car geek.

Gordon Glasgow