fot

RE: Synthetic Lubricants

To: Jeff Snook <jsnook@wcnet.org>, Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: Synthetic Lubricants
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 09:50:27 -0800
I've been using mostly synthetic for a long time, mostly by habit.
Here's an interesting whitepaper by a redline engineer about the
advantages of synthetics
http://www.vtr.org/maintain/lubricants-redline.html

I have always broken engine in on standard oils for a few hours of run
time, then dump and replace with synthetic. Likewise gearlube. I find
Redline makes my trans shift easier. Can't say why, but it eliminated a
funny stickiness I had between second and third in my most recent trans.
Just gone.

There are no mixing problems with most modern synthetics.