fot

Re: Synthetic Lubricants

To: Jeff Snook <jsnook@wcnet.org>
Subject: Re: Synthetic Lubricants
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 15:26:54 -0600 (CST)
On Tue, 23 Feb 1999, Jeff Snook wrote:

> Dear Vintage Racers,
>
> 4.  Any problems running synthetic gear oil in an overdrive
> transmission?

        I wouldn't use synthetic for break-in (in the motor) the common
        wisdom on the list to use petroleum based oil to bed in your rings
        an then go to synthetics

        I've noticed an increase in leaks... The synthetic stuff seems to
        know exactly where to go to get away especially in the dif...
        Otherwise, I just keep ahead of the flow:)

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois