fot

RE: Synthetic Lubricants

To: Jack Wheeler <jwheeler@robus.com>, Jeff Snook <jsnook@wcnet.org>,
Subject: RE: Synthetic Lubricants
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 10:14:53 -0800
I found that you have to pick the right synthetic oil for your gearbox.
They have versions that have friction control additives, and some that
don't. You also have to pick the right viscosity--gearboxes don't heat
up as much as engines do, so the oil doesn't thin as much. I use the
Redline oil without the friction additives (what the nomenclature is I
don't remember). Works great on my trans and fine with my diff (Detroit
locker).