fot

Synthetic Lubricants

To: <fot@autox.team.net>, <jsnook@wcnet.org>
Subject: Synthetic Lubricants
From: mdunst@smtplink.Coh.ORG
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 99 10:18:50 -0800

     _Jeff:

     I can say that synthetic oil ( I used Red Line MTL) in my gear box
     saved it...

      At last years Tustin Thunder race my gear box cracked at the rear
     most part of the main case.  The car was running great and was in
     second place for the majority of that race.  At the white flag I
     noticed that the box was a bit rougher when down shifting...and was
     getting just a bit more noisy.  When I came into the pit after the
     race the box was Very hot-  even with leather gloves......  I opened
     it up to find no oil !  When I dissaembled it with the help of Paul
     Smock we found it to be in pretty good shape!!! except for some very
     discolored bearings....

     Mordy