fot

Re: [Fot] OT- F1 at Spa online petition

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] OT- F1 at Spa online petition
From: "David W. Riddle" <dave@microworks.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 09:18:26 -0700
But then F1 (and other road racing) would be more processional than
it already is.  The curb delineates the racing surface (but is also
part of that surface).

Hitting or running over the curb (for any reason) should not be cause
to lower the car counts during the race.  There are already rules to
address this. You go over a curb and gain an advantage you give up
the position and try again.

This weekend I will be instructing at PIR (the one in Phoenix) and as
I tell the students in the classroom sessions.  Your fees cover the
use of the track.  The curbs are part of that surface.  Use them.