Re: joining of the clubs

To: gbrierton@hotmail.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: joining of the clubs
From: Bobsoniaharris@aol.com
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 21:48:02 EDT
In a message dated 08/16/2005 10:29:15 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
gbrierton@hotmail.com writes:

A lot of  effort has been expended in the past 15 years or so, trying to join
the  AHCA and the AHCUSA, with some contact with the AHSTC.  Several people
of
exceptional energy and vision have spent hours of time and money. Yes,  some
towering egos from all sides have caused conflict.  No, that's  not the main
reason that marriages have not been performed.  Among the  factors that have
kept these clubs apart are:
a.. a genuine  desire by many Healey enthusiasts to have available the
choices offered by  several clubs presenting different events, different
magazines, lots of  tech talk, etc.;
b.. the absolutely huge distances involved that not  all Healey drivers want
to  tackle on a regular basis;
c..  the (perceived) different "flavor" or "feel" of the existing Big  Three;
d.. the notion that these are clubs, for fun, and how much  effort should be
spent trying to blend together some things that  repeatedly  seem to want to
stay apart?
I've owned an Austin-Healey  since 1964 (with some "broken service") and have
been in AHCA since  1975.  I've been to events hosted by each of the Big Three
from  Massachusetts to California, almost always in a Healey.  I'm OK with
the
National scene as it is now and would be alright with it if some
consolidation
were to occur.  It's the people and the cars that I  enjoy, no matter where
they live and no matter what club to which they  belong.  Of the thousands of
Healey owners I've met, I have never been  able to guess which club collected
their dues, based on the person's social  behavior.  There are winners and
losers in every group; it's just that  there are more winners when the group
is
made up of Healey  enthusiasts!

GaryB

Check  out http://www.team.net/posting.html

***   http://www.team.net/cgi-bin/majorcool
***  Archives at  http://www.team.net/archive
***  Edit your  replies!

OK -- that's why the merger hasn't occurred before. Now let's focus on
combining the groups -- think of the synergies and efficiencies and the added
benefit to all! There aren't enough of us to have all these different,
redundant
clubs. How about a vote?
Bob
BJ8 #35411