Does Anybody's Healey Run Well All or Most of the Time

To: "Austin-Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Does Anybody's Healey Run Well All or Most of the Time
From: "Ned Smith" <smithn00@kitepilot.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 09:12:29 -0500
Wow!! Thanks everyone. You have really bolstered my confidence in the car.

But I do have good reason to be paranoid.

In 1958, when I was 19 and in the Navy, I bought a 52 MG TD from the son of
a friend of my father. I loved it and drove it around for a day before
heading back to Norfolk from Cleveland, OH. Around midnight and near
Pittsburgh, the engine burned out. I couldn't believe I had used every bit
of oil in less than a full tank of gas. That incident has made me nervous
about driving LBCs any distance.

Thanks for the reassurance,

Ned Smith

BJ8