Re: Does Anybody's Healey Run Well All or Most of the Time

To: Ned Smith <smithn00@kitepilot.net>
Subject: Re: Does Anybody's Healey Run Well All or Most of the Time
From: Charlie Baldwin <ewsinc@suscom.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 12:46:21 -0500
Ned,
There certainly must have been something major wrong with that TD.  I
have a '52 TD that I've had for 36 years and last rebuilt the engine in
1970.  Back then the rear seal upgrades were not available yet, so mine
still has the original style.  It leaks a fair amount of oil, but I can
get easily two tanks of gas of steady driving before adding any.  Other
than leaking, it doesn't really use any oil.  What happened to you
wasn't the cars fault.  It just wasn't in good shape or wasn't
maintained properly.
Charlie