Re: Does Anybody's Healey Run Well All or Most of the Time

To: "Ned Smith" <smithn00@kitepilot.net>
Subject: Re: Does Anybody's Healey Run Well All or Most of the Time
From: "Alan Seigrist Blue 100" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 09:25:17 +0800
Ned -

Let me put it this way.  I have a Toyota Scion and '53 BN1 in
California which I only drive on rare occasion (I live in Hong Kong).
This last christmas I went home and the Scion refused to start.  The
Toyota people told me something about how the alarm will drain the
battery within three months.

When it didn't start, I went to the Healey, got in and it started
immediately first try.

I have two healeys.  My BJ8 I've owned since 1985.  In that time I've
had it towed only once (fuel pump got clogged after I replaced the
tank and stupidly I used a silicon sealer on the fuel sender gasket...
that got in the pump in clogged it up, so it really was my fault).

So at the end of the day, my BJ8 has never caught me out, period....
and I used it as a daily driver for 15 years.

Regards,

Alan