Re: Dip Stick Method for Gas level

To: Alex <alexmm@adelphia.net>
Subject: Re: Dip Stick Method for Gas level
From: Dave Carpenter <d.carpenter7@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 22:06:52 -0400
Prior to around 1930, it was standard practice since cars didn't have
gauges. I have a dip stick from a Model A Ford that Ford dealers gave
away in the showroom. It has printed scales for various Ford cars and a
generic one on the back for use with other cars that is calibrated on
how many inches deep the tank is.

I used to carry a yard stick in my first Healey. Back in the 70's while
going to school, money was tight and I needed to know exactly how much
fuel I had.

Dave