Re: Dip Stick Method for Gas level

To: "S. P. Carr" <scvc70@epix.net>
Subject: Re: Dip Stick Method for Gas level
From: Charlie Baldwin <ewsinc@suscom.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 14:11:45 -0400
Hi Sarah,
There are even some T-series vendors that give out wooden graduated
short yardstick dipsticks as an advertisement.  Healey vendors take note.
The warning light on my TD has always been on since I've owned the car
(36 years).  I removed the bulb.  It is hardly worth fixing unless the
sending unit springs a leak.  The aluminum dipstick works quite well,
and if you caravan with Healeys, they will always need gas before a TD does.
Charlie
'62 BT7 tricarb, '52 TD, also in PA, but further south