Re: Lempert Steering Wheel

To: <DavidWMalaney@eaton.com>, <msalter@precisionsportscar.com>,
Subject: Re: Lempert Steering Wheel
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 16:42:01 -0500
 Does the recirculating ball type steering box allow steering kickback,
where as a rack an pinion system will not?  I think I read that somewhere,
sometime.

 Dave M.
bored at work

Interesting stuff as always, I seem to remember reading that in fact ball
type steering had no or minimal kickback, whereas rack and pinion did, and
this was one of the reasons rack and pinion was slower to be adopted than it
might have been.

My memory could be faulty, but if you think about a rack vs. a worm and peg
type design it would intuitiely seem as though kickback has an easier time
of well kicking back.

Greg Lemon
54 BN1