Re: cooling fan

To: BJ8Healeys <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Subject: Re: cooling fan
From: "M.E. & E.A. Driver" <edriver@sasktel.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 16:35:08 -0600
The manual calls for thermostat setting of 83 C for Mk 2 and Mk 3's.
   I have used both 160F and 180F thermostat, currently a 180F, for
precisely what  Bob Spidell commented on yesterday. My experience
and observation over the last three years: less contaminants
in the sump, better gasoline mileage. In the 30-40C weather here in the summer
the temperature gauge reads 180-183.  Mind you I have a Texas Kooler
which works exceedingly well, and it has begin installed for the last
six years.

Regards
Ed
AHCUSA Historian