Re: [Healeys] Reducing Radiator Heat BJ8 - Texas Kooler

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Reducing Radiator Heat BJ8 - Texas Kooler
From: "Graeme Molony" <molony@dodo.com.au>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 12:07:09 +1100
Thanks list,

Appreciate the advice on areas to be checked out and suggested alternative
fans etc.

Am not personally acquainted with the owner of this car so not totally aware
as to what condition of the car is in or current state of repair.

Have passed on your comments however and trust this will assist him.

Understand the problem relates mainly  to a rapid increase in temperature
when car is stopped for a traffic light change or  car is at idle which
indicates a lack of air flow Have recommended he checks timing,checks the
baffle installation and that the radiator  core has been cleaned out
properly and suggested possibility of installing a new thicker core.

For those curious where about I am living down under I am located on the
coast about 50 miles south of Melbourne Aust.

Incidentally the problems with this car are similar to ones I experienced as
did another mate of mine after our cars had gone through total nut and bolt
restorations  years ago, The problem was simply that the original fans do
not draw enough air through the radiator whereas the Texas Kooler will just
about pull your head off and I could leave my car sitting idling in the
driveway for an hour and never have the temp.rise above about 185 degrees.

Cheers

Graeme J Molony
Email: molony@dodo.com.au

--