Re: [Healeys] Reducing Radiator Heat BJ8 - Texas Kooler

To: Leonard Berkowitz <drberkowitz@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Reducing Radiator Heat BJ8 - Texas Kooler
From: Michael Oritt <michael.oritt@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 22:15:28 -0500
I installed a flex fan on my 100 and it was very helpful in keeping temps
down in traffic situations.  It is a bit noisy but my hood is louvered and
so is the engine.

Flex fans are designed to do the most work at low rpm's when a car is
sitting still or moving slowly and to flatten out as rpm's and fan speed
increase.

Assuming there is correct clearance between the engine and radiator and the
fan does not hit when rolled over by hand with engine off I cannot
understand how it could cause a problem at speed unless it was installed
backwards.

Best--Michael Oritt