Re: [Healeys] Reducing Radiator Heat BJ8 - Texas Kooler

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Reducing Radiator Heat BJ8 - Texas Kooler
From: Leonard Berkowitz <drberkowitz@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 20:26:23 -0500
Forget the Texas cooler.  It flexes and cuts into the radiator. I have tried
the Texas cooler, the electric fan, and the oil cooler.  Nothing worked until
I added an extra row to my radiator.  Installing the enlarged unit was not
easy but it did go in OK.  I have not had a single problem with the engine
temperature since.  I have driven at sustained speeds of 70 + mph in 90 degree
temps and the engine never gets excessively hot. It has been an absolute
pleasure to drive the beast since the nightmare of high temperature was
solved.

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/drberkowitz@hotmail.com