Re: Prop shaft

To: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Subject: Re: Prop shaft
From: "Joseph_Pitassi@brown.edu" <Joseph_Pitassi@brown.edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 10:27:53 -0400
Cc: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
At 9:59 AM -0400 8/22/01, Barrie Robinson wrote:
>Folks at world,
>
>My Rover V8 is installed in my MGB GT and so is the rear axle - Now I need
>a prop shaft.  I have the MG end and a rotten (there appears to be a rubber
>seal that has expired) Rover end which was cut at the hollow tube bit.
>
>Advice on suitable prop (drive) shafts would be much appreciated - or if
>you have one for sale!
>
>My thanks in advance

Most driveshaft shops will make custom driveshafts for you pretty
reasonably. All you need to tell them is length and what the two ends
will be. I haven't had one made myself, but I know they do this and
other conversionists have done this and paid anywhere from $80-$125
for the service.

good luck!

Joe Pitassi