Re: Prop shaft

To: "Jim Stuart" <jimbb88@erols.com>, "Glenn" <g_wakefield@yahoo.com>, <Joseph_Pitassi@brown.edu>, "Barrie Robinson" <barrier@bconnex.net>
Subject: Re: Prop shaft
From: "Frank van Dalen" <frank.vandalen@fae.storkgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 13:02:24 +0200
Cc: <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I had a V8 flange mounted on my rebuilt MGC axle, which turned out to be the
same size as the SD1 gearbox flange. Measured things up with the weight on
the rear axle, and had a shaft made in an incredibly messy shop somewhere in
Rotterdam harbour. A big guy with lots of tattoos did a beautiful job,
including dynamic balancing, took him 20 minutes while I waited. When I told
him what kind of car was involved, I paid him $125 cash with no receipt! The
dimensions for the universal joints and spline are apparently standard for a
given flange size.

Frank van Dalen