Re: Prop shaft

To: "Joseph_Pitassi@brown.edu" <Joseph_Pitassi@brown.edu>, Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Subject: Re: Prop shaft
From: Glenn <g_wakefield@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 09:40:31 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I would have to agree, but would question the price.
I had mine fabricated in SC at a local driveshaft
shop.  They did a beautiful job, but were closer to
like $225.  Of course, that price included the slip
yoke to fit into the T5, and two new U-Joints, using
Spicer components.  They dynamically (spin) balanced
the shaft after it was completed as well.  I would
bring in what ever pieces you have to show them.  I
was glad I brought in my old MG driveshaft for them to
measure for the rear yoke and U-Joint, because they
could not cross reference the MG for sizes.  They
didn't have any problem finding the shaft output size
and spline count on the T5.  I'm confident the shaft
would easily handle a couple of hundred more hp than
my motor will ever produce.

Glenn

--- "Joseph_Pitassi@brown.edu"

http://phonecard.yahoo.com/