Re: Painting rubber bumpers

To: Sean Johnson <sean_johnson@milacron.com>
Subject: Re: Painting rubber bumpers
From: 007 <jmel@netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 1995 09:35:47 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 21 Aug 1995, Sean Johnson wrote:

> I do wonder whether there are products out there that could be used to coat a
> bumper, but that would stretch enough to withstand parking lot incidents
> without tearing.  Does anyone know of such a product?
>
> As an alternative, is it possible to take a rubber bumper 'B back to chrome
> bumpers?
>
> Sean Johnson
> '79 MGB

I've been using brake fluid for years as a rubber preservative - I use it
on the rubber bumpers of my 79 B as well as my other (GM) car.  I use it
on the spare tire in the boot, too, to keep the tire from drying out.
Works gr8 - just don't use DOT3 fluid in your MGB brake system - works
fine on the other rubber components, 'tho.

Jim Mellander