Sobering

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, british-cars@Autox.Team.Net,
Subject: Sobering
From: Trmgafun@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 20:31:58 -0500 (EST)
Listers,

A friend of mine just purchased a Signal Red Triumph TR250 for parts.  It had
been hit very hard.  The car has a Lucas P.I. system, a beautiful engine
compartment, chromed swing arms, not a trace of body work and you could tell
that it was, at one time, someones pride and joy.  An Illinois liscense plate
was laying in the trunk.

I felt extremely bad when I saw this car, not because it was once a beautiful
TR250 but more so because I felt bad for the person that was in it when it
got trashed.  We're all used to seeing the fun side of these cars at the
shows and rallys, but we don't always think about safety.  Seeing this car
 definately woke me up and will have a lasting effect on me.  But probably a
good effect because I'll be more carefull on the road.

The reason I'm relaying this to all of you is because we all have to remember
that even though these cars are fun and have a lot of character, they are old
cars that do not have much in the way of safety features and should be
respected in this way.

Enough said, just be careful out there!

Scott in Northern Indiana  TRMGAFUN@AOL.COM
1958 MGA  HDA4346400
1958 TR3A TS35306L
1958 100/6  BN4L 0 49881
IF IT'S AN LBC?  IT'S INTERESTING TO ME!!