Re: Sobering

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Sobering
From: SPB3430@aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 20:57:40 -0500 (EST)
In regard to driving defensively, this past Sunday my wife & I had a rather
different experience. We took a day trip along the coast in our 94 Honda
Civic to Kennebunkport Maine. On our way back we were following a GMC Yukon
4x4-bigger than a Blazer,  smaller than a Suburban. The Yukon slowed down,
then stopped, as did we. Suddenly, Mr Yukon was in reverse and coming toward
us rather quickly-we had no time to react. We got out of our respective
vehicles (no one was hurt-thank God) & Mr Yukon was all apologetic- he missed
his turn & didn't see us- his back window was filthy from the sand & salt on
the roadway. His lower rear bumper KOd our hood, bumper, & fender to the tune
of $2500. His Yukon didn't even get a scratch on the bumper. On our way home
my wife said " Good thing we weren't in the MG-- He'd have taken the
windshield out & probably our heads too!!!"  Just makes us realize just how
careful we need to be in our LBCs!!!  REMEMBER.......Headlights on for
safety!!!!
Steve Bartley
NAMGBR 6-2585
1969 MGB roadster
1994 Honda Civic EX (in the body shop for now...)