Re: Sobering

To: Carol <car@texas.net>
Subject: Re: Sobering
From: Len Bugel <bugel@bianca.sms.k12.vt.us>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 15:19:56 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 5 Feb 1997, Carol wrote:

> I would like to add one other safety tip. Carry a can of pepper spray.
>
> Last Saturday we were driving in an old settlement just outside of town that
> has streets narrower than most one-car driveways, lots of bad pavement, and
> wonderful curves. It was a lovely afternoon, and we were enjoying ourselves
> immensely until....
>
> ...we came upon two giant German Shepherds. I immediately recalled a post

        Many years ago, a friend and I drove his then-new TR4 out to
Yellowstone. You can imagine our unease being stuck in traffic behind
tourists in big sedans that just had to stop and throw food to the bears
along the road! Fortunately those road bears all prefer tourist junk food
to good red meat, or I might not be on this list today. . .

        Len Bugel
        '51 TD
        '57 MGA