Fuel leak on MGTD

To: 103606.744@CompuServe.COM
Subject: Fuel leak on MGTD
From: Mark Sherman <MARKSHERMAN@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 21:59:42 -0800
James T. Dunn wrote:
      I have a fuel leak around the gasket on the sending unit where it mounts
on the fuel tank.   When I replace the gasket should I use some type of
sealer on the gasket?  Any advice on any problem that I might have on
repairing the leak will be appreciated..

James:
I think the solution is to procrastinate!  About three years ago I noticed the
same leak
on my '53 TD.  I called a few parts dealers for advice.  I thought about
draining the
fuel tank and working under it.  I thought some more.  I procrastinated.  When
I checked
back it just stopped leaking.  Who is to complain.

Mark Sherman
'53 MG TD (supercharged!)