Re: Flat towing MGB

Subject: Re: Flat towing MGB
From: Kevin Brown <MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 1998 19:42:19 -0500
When I moved I towed my '71 MGB exactly as you described.  I removed the bumper
and
U-Haul built a plate that I mounted in place of the bumper.  I then clipped a
tow
bar to the plate and towed the car 900 miles with no problems.  I did not
disconnect the driveshaft, but I did disconnect the battery  and turn the key to
"on" to unlock the steering wheel so that the front wheels would track while I
was
turning corners.  The only thing is, you can't back the car up because the front
wheels kink to the side.

Kevin Brown
Odessa, MO