Re: Flat towing MGB

To: ccrobins@ktc.com
Subject: Re: Flat towing MGB
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 20:52:23 EDT
On Thu, 27 Aug 1998 11:35:54 -0500 ccrobins <ccrobins@ktc.com> writes:
I'll jump in here on Davids side;
>  Also, if you can get all the equipment out of the M/H,
What equipment? All you need is 1 bottle jack, one jack stand. two box
end wrenches, (all of which can be carried in the trunk of the B),and a
flat place to work.

> jack the car,

 Using one bottle jack on one side of the car.

> put it on jack stands,

 One, on the same side, under the  frame.

 >unstrap the driveshaft and connect it and set the car back down in 15
minutes,
>you're a damned sight faster mechanic than I am.  I'd also like to see
>you do it in a McDonalds parking lot at lunch time. ;^)

Easy, if you've done it enough, and you'll still have time to grab a Big
Mac with the family :>)

Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget