Re: Flat towing MGB

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Flat towing MGB
From: dresden@tiac.net
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 21:10:54 -0500
>Rick,
>
>  Don't get carried away.
>
>  Facts are that you and other people who haven't flat towed a B with
>the driveshaft connected are the ones who are saying it can't be safely
>done, while those who have done it tell me it was done with no problems.
>
>  I intend to go with experience rather than conjecture.
>
>  Regards,
>
>  Charley Robinson

I'm not really sure on the internals of the B transmission, but from a
similar debate on another LBC list, I've gathered that towing without
disconnecting the driveshaft is only dangerous if the trans relies on an
oil pump for lubrication, i.e., only if there's something about the engine
turning that helps to lubricate the trans. Can someone fill us in on this
technical point? TIA,

Nev