Re: Flat towing MGB

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Flat towing MGB
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 04:09:33 -0500 (CDT)
You wrote:
  I've yet to see a convincing argument against flat towing with the
>> driveshaft connected. <Whoa! snip>
>
>Ever been inside a transmission, Bud? How does the oil get circulated?
There is no
>pump. SI'd put an
>extra quart of oil in the tranny with plans to dump it out when I got
home.

>Bob Allen, Kansas City

Why not just disconnect the four bolts at the rear of driveshaft and
strap it up. I have heard of many many flat tow trips with drive shaft
left connected "with out incident" and only 4 or 5 that had
transmission problems immediately afterwards. Why take the chance for
what would take 15 minutes to avoid?
Safety Fast,
David Deutsch