Re: Flat towing MGB

To: dresden@tiac.net
Subject: Re: Flat towing MGB
From: Susan and John Roper <vscjohn@iamerica.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 21:30:58 -0500
The B gearbox, unlike the TR7/8 has no internal oil pump and relies on splash
lubrication.  While I have no relevant B experience I remember well flat
towing a bugeye race car many years ago, and being most suprised to hear the
engine in the unoccupied car crank up at about 60 mph.  When we stopped to
investigate, it wasn't the engine starting, but the tranny slipping into gear
and turning over the engine.  tore hell out of the box.  Ruined our race
weekend.  Never again!  John