Re: Flat towing MGB

To: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Subject: Re: Flat towing MGB
From: ccrobins <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 20:54:33 -0500
Yo Bud,

  We're gonna find out soon.  I'm going to tow my B to New England from
TX so as to tool around and see autumn leaves.  Gonna have a metal shop
fabricate a hitch such as you described for my towbar.  Taking it over
there tomorrow.

  The only decent argument I've heard is that the tranny output shaft,
etc, might not get enough oil without the layshaft turning.  OTOH, I
know a guy who towed a TD to TX from MD with all four down, no probs.
I've been kicking the idea of filling the tranny with Mobile 1 for added
protection.  Vat'cha think?

  Charley Robinson
  '69 B