MIG Welders

Subject: MIG Welders
From: Tyson Sherman <mts3@ra.msstate.edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 19:33:35 -0600
Hello list,

I'm again in the market for a MIG welder.  I think I'm really going to
buy one soon.  Considering the price of bodywork for just one of my MGs
is $450 and I have more than one car, it would be better to buy one.

I shopped locally.  One place said they have a Lincoln MIG for around
$600.  Another has a Miller MIG for around $700.  Another has a Century
MIG for $393.

Considering the first two are out of my price range, I looked up the
Century on the internet.  Here's a page with the specs, and the prices
are similar:

http://brwelder.com/century/cent100.htm

If anyone has experience with this model, or tips, could you please
share?  I'm new to welding but am willing to learn.  My 76 B, 74.5 GT,
and 73 Midget all need welding done, so it would make sense to buy one
rather than pay a slow, reluctant bodyshop.

Thanks!

--
Tyson Sherman
mts3@ra.msstate.edu