Re: MIG Welders

To: "Tyson Sherman" <mts3@ra.msstate.edu>,
Subject: Re: MIG Welders
From: "Scott Bruning-ZTherapy" <zcarzar@micron.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 19:53:48 -0700
>I'm again in the market for a MIG welder>I shopped locally.  One place said
they have a Lincoln MIG for around
>$600.  Another has a Miller MIG for around $700.  Another has a Century
>MIG for $393.

Tyson and all, a quality tool will last and provide better service.  Century
makes good hammers, lousy prybars, and cheap sockets.
When it comes to years of reliable service from your mig, I'd go with a
Miller Mig.  I've got the Miller 150, and I'd buy it again.  The price is
double, but so is the performance.

Welders are rated by duty cycle (20% duty cycle means you can weld for 20
sec out of one minute).  I dunno what  my Miller is rated for, but at max
power for 10-15 minutes-almost continous-, I've never had it shut down.  I
started off my welding life with a Sears Mig.  Worked great for repairing
the bicycle frame and such.  Building a tube frame or a steel trunk out of a
hatchback?  No way.

You get what you pay for.  Save another month and get a tool for a lifetime.
Scott "Mad Mig" Bruning

  Holiday Specials-everything in the store 10% off-including Carbs!

                       www.ZTherapy.com
                        (208)587-0869
             specify plain wrapper for Holiday gifts

Newest video release   "Fiberglass Installation and Repair" featuring the
MotorSports Auto 5 piece Aero kit and a Ferrari 250GTO kit.

zcarzar@micron.net 2945 Kennedy St, Mtn Home, ID 83647 Visa/MC/AMEX