Re: MIG Welders

To: mts3@ra.msstate.edu, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: MIG Welders
From: MGMagnette@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 20:44:13 EST
Hey all-

   After recent discussions (different thread) I purchased a MIG welder
yesterday.  I purchased the Lincoln Weld-Pak 100 for $309 at
HQ/Hechingers/BuildersSquare.  I also purchased the MIG kit for another $50.
   The way most Lincoln home welders are sold as are "arc" welders convertable
to "mig" welders.  Arc welders use wire with a gas core, mig welders use solid
wire and an outside gas source.  Other than that they are essentially the
same.  I practiced a little bit and found both arc and mig welding to be
simple and fun!  I can't wait to do my Magnette.
   John