RE: MGF in America?

To: "John A. Walker" <john@rmartin.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: MGF in America?
From: "j r overcash" <jroverca@tiac.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 17:17:56 -0400
There have been a number of reasons bated around, not the least of which
have to do with Federal emissions and safety stuff.  But the most popular
seems to be the lack of a dealer network!  Of course I don't buy it because
if there was really a desire to sell the car here dealers could be lined up.
Volvo sells cars here and there certainly aren't as many Volvo dealers as
there are GM, Ford, Nissan etc.  Same with Mercedes, Jag, and Land
Rover...So I think we have to look deeper like maybe the cost after it is
imported and brought up to federal standards  could it be a bit pricey for a
two seater, when we already have Mercedes, Mazda, and BMW in the arena not
to forget the corvette....

I know I couldn't afford one so at this point it makes no difference to me,
just so long as I can keep my 74B on the road I'm happy.  Besides if it is
as full of computer chips as any other "new" car forget it, you have to be a
computer engineer as well as an auto mechanic to repair them...

Just my opinion and we all know what opinions are like!!

Ross Overcash,74B,NAMGBR 1172
Ayer, MA
http://www.tiac.net/users/jroverca/index.htm